This unit allows the signal from a standard radio control receiver to independently activate a pair of relays, each capable of switching up to 10amps at 30volts for the control of lamps, motors, bilge pumps, solenoids, sound effects etc.
- Dual Channel
- 10A 30Vdc / Channel Relay rating
- SPDT relays - reversing motor control easily implemented
- Fully rated 16A terminal blocks with terminals on a 5mm pitch for wiring up to 2.5mm2
- Uses a high quality through hole plated PCB with double weight copper for higher current handling
- Latching and non-latching modes
- Built in failsafe that de-energises both relays in the event of loss of RC signal
- Power up delay of 4 seconds that prevents false triggering whilst radio receivers initialise
- Supplied in a flanged box with mounting holes 56Lx40Wx24H excl flange, 76Lx42.5x24H Overall
- Weight 54g
- Includes lead that plugs directly into the radio receiver
- Access to relay connections available even when mounted within enclosure
- Takes its power direct from the receiver supply
- Supplied complete with instruction booklet
This is an alternative method to that often used of fitting a servo with a cam to operate a microswitch at some point on its travel. A further benefit is that this unit's software allows the user to optionally configure the switching action to be latching or non-latching (momentary). Latching action is mainly used for circuits intended to stay ON the majority of the time (lights, smoke generators etc..) whereas non-latching is mainly used for circuits that will only be switched ON briefly (sound effects, bow thrusters etc..).
As this is a dual switch unit, it is intended for use with a (spare) proportional channel of the receiver to allow the user to operate the relays independently i.e. moving the transmitter joystick in either direction from centre operates the appropriate relay.
If used on a switched digital channel of the receiver, both relays operate simultaneously and in opposition (ie one ON and the other OFF, then vice versa). This is not recommended.
A dual switch unit, like this one, can be wired up to give simple forward/reverse/stop control of a motor – such as the bow-thruster in a model boat.
|INSTRUCTION MANUAL - Dual 10A RC Relay|
|This item is exclusively available from||in the UK|